1. Teach the new vocabulary (community professions, places and items) students need to complete the activity.
2. Review/teach the Chinese numbers and vocabulary students will need to complete the activity.
3. Ask students if they’ve ever seen any movies or read books that were based on a character needing to rescue someone. Students share their ideas to the class.
4. Teach the new vocabulary students need to complete the activity.
5. Introduce the Mission Director’s instructions and students complete the activity.
Deconstruction: In small groups, students discuss if they ever had to face one of the scenarios in the game, eg. they lost their passport, they missed a bus or train stop. If yes, how did they deal with it and who helped them?