Activity 1: Cultural Clubbing
1. Teach the new vocabulary (verbs and music genres) students need to complete the activity.
2. Play a few extracts of diﬀerent genres of music. Students write down a few adjectives that describe each kind of music. Share with a partner and see if they had the same or diﬀerent adjectives.
3. Students identify which music type they liked the best.
4. Introduce the diﬀerent music genre names in Chinese.
5. Students complete the activity, identifying their favorite music genre.
1. What are your favorite genres of music? What genres of music do people in your family like?
2. Do you think music preferences change over the years? Why? Why not?