1. Teach the new vocabulary (feelings and actions) students need to complete the activity.
2. Write 3-4 scenarios on the board and ask students to discuss how they feel in those situations and what they do. Eg. winning a sports race, when someone gets angry at them, when they lose something, when they hear a song they like on the radio.
3. Ask students to imagine what it might feel like to have no emotions. What might they do in this situation? Eg. not want to see friends, sleep a lot.
4. Teach the new vocabulary students need to complete the activity.
5. Explain the Mission Directors instructions and students complete the activity.
1. Do feelings change over time? Do they change suddenly or slowly?
2. Do students have feelings they always identify with a certain person. Why is this?
3. If someone is displaying negative emotions in a physical or verbal way, what can students do to respond appropriately?