1. Teach the new vocabulary (money and amounts) students need to complete the activity.
2. Show images of rubbish piles and tips and of recycling stations. Elicit what these places are and what happens here.
3. Discuss with the class the importance of recycling and what would happen if we didn’t recycle.
4. Introduce the Mission Director’s instructions and students complete the activity.
5. Students share their answers with a partner then share answers as a class.
Deconstruction: Students share the diﬀerent ways they earn and save money and discuss why it’s important to save money. Students share if they receive ‘pocket money’ and if they must ‘earn’ it or not. Is it fair that students should earn it? Students brainstorm as a class reasons why pocket money should be earned and reasons why it should not need to be earned.