1. Teach the new vocabulary (transport types and methods) students need to complete the activity.
2. Show students a list of places they might need to get to eg. another country, a local place, a principal’s oﬃce in their school. Students brainstorm possible ways they could get to each one (transport types).
3. Ask students if they think these transport types exist in China. Do they know any transport types in China that they don’t have in their own country?
4. Introduce the diﬀerent transport types in the activity. Images may be used.
5. Introduce the Mission Directors activity. Elicit what skills students will need to solve this activity (problem solving, math)
6. Students work in pairs to solve the problem. Share answers with another team.
1. Ask students to discuss and list the skills and sub-skills they used in this activity eg. Math, division, addition. Problem solving, trial and error, logic, application
2. This activity needed 4 people to work together to achieve it. Students share ideas about challenges and beneﬁts of teamwork.
3. What are some ways of resolving any conﬂict during teamwork?