Activity 1: Beijing
1. Teach the new vocabulary (prepositions) students need to complete the activity. Optional: download the teacher guide or the vocabulary cards to view vocabulary list.
2. Show an enlarged copy of the Agent Map and directions. Elicit the names of a few places on the map students can see.
3. Teach the new vocabulary students need to complete the activity.
4. Explain Xeno has been spotted in several locations around Beijing and the Culture Agents need to track him down.
5. Introduce the ﬁrst set of directions with the class (model the ﬁrst activity), highlighting the need for students to use the image on the new vocabulary card to complete the question.
6. Students work with a partner to complete the activity. They should take turns reading the instructions.